1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by AnCap, Jan 10, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. AnCap

AnCap New Member

Buying suburban next month and curious as to what exhaust to get on it. Had Flowmaster 40 series on my yukon couple years ago but want something deeper and louder than that but not something that will get irritating on long drives. Plan on taking the suburban on trip to WV soon. So what is everyone's suggestions? Doesn't have to be flowmasters either.
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

If you are looking at louder than the 40 series, Flowmaster makes the super 44 and super 10 (the super just means stainless steel which I would highly recommend). I personally run the 10 series, but if I were you I would look at the manufacture's websites as they often have sound clips, and also there is youtube for you to check and listen to different exhaust that are on gm vehicles. Hope this helps
  3. AnCap

AnCap New Member

Yes certainly helps! I had not even considered the super 44 ones. Thanks again!
  4. Corkwheats

Corkwheats New Member

5. cmcolfax

cmcolfax New Member

I like the sound of the Magnaflow (stock cats, stock dual 2.5" inlet / single 3" stock pipe out).

I cut the pipe straight off about 12" from the end and welded on a nice 3.5" rolled edge SS tip.

I loved the sound of my 3" Flowmaster 40 on my 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee, but wanted something a little mellower for the Burb.
  6. AnCap

AnCap New Member

Alright I bought a 2001 suburban. I didn't have the money at the time for the exhaust so I personally cut my exhaust off cats included. So now looking for something to tone it down a bit MINUS the cats.