1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Tapper1823, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

I have a 2000 silverado 5.3. 2 3/4" true duals to four inch tips angled out the rear. It is very very loud and im thinking about putting something on tone it down a tad. I was thinking small race mufflers? one brand is PYPES M-80 Mufflers, DNA Gen II Race Series Mufflers, or something along those lines. i would like something that is a straight threw design and i deap and loud. thanks
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my friend has a pypes cat back on his mustang and it sounds like a bag of ass. my 2cents.
  3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a Magnaflow on my truck and it sounds great. It's not too loud and has a great sound. I've posted a video of how it sounds if you look under the "exhaust video" thread in this forum. It's not great quality, but it gives you an idea. Good luck!
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd have to agree, I've got a magnaflow on my truck as well and it's not to loud at all. I use to have Dual Flows and that was loud.
  5. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

I've got the flowmaster 40 series muffler, it's not too loud and has a healthy rumble to it.
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

do you have cats? i had an edelbrock SDT cat-back exhaust on my truck and i loved it