1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Jarrad, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jarrad

Jarrad New Member

Hi i just got my truck its a 1979 GMC, 3 Quarter Ton, Longbed 4 Wheel Drive and i need some pointers on ideas for an exhaust system like what sounds and looks good let me know
    Jarrad
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

depends what you like

i would recommend a glass pack aka cherry bomb, magnaflow, and other brands.
  3. black03silverado

black03silverado Rockstar

flowmaster mufflers sound great on the older trucks nice deep tone, but it depends on what you are looking for, i think they sound sweeeeeet!!
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First of all, nice truck! Any pics? What's the motor?

As for exhaust - Does the truck have headers? - Either way, I suspect you are looking at a custom exhaust. I looked quickly at Gibson's sight and don't see anything for K25. As for sound, I like a nice throaty truck sound, like the old big blocks. Not rappy and annoying like most of the duals guys are running today. I had a Gibson 3" single on a pickup and it sounded great. Not too loud, but you knew it was there. That sound comes from a huge "Big Truck Muffler" Mine was at least 8 inches in diameter, and better than 30" long. I think that old classic would sound awesome like that.
  5. Cav_spartan

Cav_spartan Rockstar

Cut the Cats and run straights!!! lol thats if you want it loud

Flows sound great on the older stuff the new Super 44's sounded great on a buddy of mines 77 C10 step-side
  6. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

All I can say is get what you hear that sounds good, I just put on a V-force exhaust and its been fine. as far as looks all you see is the tips so get super long ones like my 24 inchers.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm guessing the cats disappeared a long time ago on the 79. It's thirty years old!
  8. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have the cherry bomb extreme chamber muffler on my truck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdFE_EjIeZY"]YouTube - 1997 Chevrolet Silverado[/ame]
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

glasspack for sure

sounds ****in sick especially when you rev it.