1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

exhuast for 4.3 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JohnNeely, Mar 4, 2012.

1. JohnNeely

JohnNeely New Member

hi everyeverybody. i have a 97 chevy cheyyene. its the basic model with the v-6, Its also a single cab, short bed, with manual trans. im wondering what kind of exhaust i should get. definetly a cat-back. my budget is 300 bucks. please dont say a cherry bomb it makes the truck sound like a beefed up civic and will piss the neighbors off. haha
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd stick with original exhaust. Nothing loud an a 6... makes them sound like a worn out Grand Am.
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I did have a CB turbo that sounded ok. But for real, my brother had single pipe straights on his. Didn't sound too bad.
  4. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Only V6 I've ever heard sound decent was one that had 2'' straight pipe all the way. It had a really raspy tone but could tell it was a V6.........good luck
  5. JohnNeely

JohnNeely New Member

thanks everyone wishes they had an eight cylinder huh.... haha

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

If you had my truck what else would you do?
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I leveled mine and put 255/65/15 Mastercraft Avengers and a few other things cosmetic and engine wise to get some fuel mileage back. Also I'd chip it which I never got to do.

Left the stock bumpers and lower air dam.
  7. JohnNeely

JohnNeely New Member

I really like the tires. What rims did you put them on