1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Expect another how-to from me...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Crawdaddy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well, more trouble with the sub... I was up at the boy scout camp, and I had just made a turn on some uneven ground, and I blew the upper balljoint on the passenger side of the truck. So, I had to scrounge tools up from friends, drive 30 mins into town with a leader to get parts and such, then work in the rain to get the balljoint fixed. Needless to say, I'm wore out from this one, working on the truck, and also fufilling my Quartermaster duties for the camping trip I was on, but I got it done. The upper half of the upper balljoin, the shroud area that holds the lower half with the ball in, shattered, causing the truck to fall to the ground. Luckily, I was only doing like 3 mph when this happened, so no damage was caused that I know of, except for the ball join itself. Since that one failed, and it was the origrinal factory ball joint, I will be replacing the other 3 in the next couple weeks. I didn't get any pics of the work, as usual (and I had my cameraphone on me too...someone remind me LOL), however, I'll get some when I replace the other 3 balljoints.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, no kidding it's a good thing you weren't going fast. Sorry about your luck with the rain too, that's got to be unplesant, especially when on a trip like that.