Experience with "Bed Rug" anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by anthonyl9, Aug 18, 2008.

1. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just bot a bed rug and want to knoiw if anyone had experiences with install? How does it perform? I got it really cheap off ebay, so I thought id give it a shot....

2. anthonyl9

A little late on this reply, but.. So I got and installed my bedrug Looks and performs great, Fits the bed like a glove and the install was really easy. Since it is waterproof, I do want advice from the forum on the following: Should I seal up the existing bed drain holes to prevent water from getting into the bed and under the rug? I think that I should, but not sure..

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wouldn't you want to keep the drain holes to help the water drain out when it rains/snows? I may be misunderstanding the question and application. You covered your Colorado's bed with Bed Rug carpet, correct? Open bed?

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'd need to see a photo of this before I would be able to form an opinion on it. Is this a lie-down application, glue-down, snap-down?

5. anthonyl9

its a drop in application which is fastened with velco The product is advertised as waterproof so my question is related to preventing water from accumulting in the bed and under the rug and in the bed. here is the link on the product for more info, ill post some pics of the app soon. btw i have a tonneau cover on the truck. http://www.bedrug.com/ thanks

6. anthonyl9

Hi all. its been a while..anyone have an opinion on sealing the drain holes in my bed under the bedrug? Bed is covered by a tonneau...thanks

7. jeff5581

jeff5581 New Member

Plug them holes

yes you should seal them. otherwise moisture will stay inbetween the bedrug and the bed which will stank after a while. Not that important with a plastic liner but the bedrug will retain moisture.

Jeff

8. silversurfer

silversurfer Member

They look great and work well for most users - especially nice is how a lot of things `stick' and don't slide around so much.
    They do not work well if you plan to carry hay or alfalfa or anything like that. The pieces of straw and hay NEVER come out. Takes way too many quarters trying to vacuum it up and if you go thru the PrimeShine they will not let you until you get those pieces up.

As for install and water - I would try to seal it around the drain holes to keep water from pooling under the rug....but I have seen the bed of a truck after the rug was removed ( had been on for 6 years ) and it was not rusted at all.