1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Experience with shocks from RC leveling kit?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by egreg, Jun 1, 2010.

1. egreg

egreg New Member

I'm planning on purchasing the Rough Country full leveling kit soon. Has anyone purchased this kit with the shocks? I'm concerned that the shocks are not high quality since the kit is so cheap. What are your thoughts regarding the durability of these?

Sorry if this is a repeated thread. I searched all over and couldn't find one specifically discussing the shocks.
  2. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

I've had them on my truck for a year now, they're still working but I can't believe how rusty they got after just one winter. The top of the shaft that doesn't go into the shock often (if ever) is completely rusted, and even the painted body is rusting around every one of the seams.
  3. egreg

egreg New Member

Thanks for the input, Greg (NICE NAME!). Anyone else have input about these shocks?
  4. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member

What year is your truck egreg?
  5. egreg

egreg New Member

It's a 2000.
  6. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member

Dang i wouldn't know bout that kit. But i have a 2.5inch susp lift on my 1996 truck, its a skyjacker, and thae shocks are almost a year old and are great shocks. Just lettin you know