1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Express/Savana purchase advice wanted

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Henboy, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Henboy

Henboy New Member

Hello:
    I am familiar with GM late model vans, having owned a 2002 Savana G2500, which was sold in 2006. I am back in the market looking for a 2005 - 2007 G1500 or G2500, on a limited budget.
    What I am finding is my price range ($6,000 - $7,500) are vans with 100k to 140K., mostly with fleet history.
    How big a gamble am I taking buying a high mileage van with good maintainence history?
    In your opinion, should I move my budget to say $7,500- $9,000, and buy a unit in a range of say 65,000 to 90,000 miles?
    Your experience and advice is appreciated!!
  2. jampg

jampg New Member

This is a tough call. If it were me I would move into whatever was in the budget. Don't over extend the budget! You need to sleep at night.
    Here is my experience... I have owned my 2000 Express since new. My first big ticket repair came at 72,481 miles. (fuel pump) My second big ticket repair came at 93,947 miles. (intake manifold gasket) After that all has been good. I'm at 139,000.
    As you know anything is possible. I would look for lower miles and a documented good maintenance plan.
  3. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

There are tons of vans out there if you aren't picky about options or colors. You can find a good used one. I would have bought a used one but I had specific needs. I had to have a sliding cargo door, rear flip out windows, tilt, power, no windows on the rear sides and windows on the cargo door and it was hard to find all that in an AWD. So I went new.
  4. powerhaulic

powerhaulic New Member

I looked for 2 months before I found mine.

'08 Savana std nose, slide door, windows, locks, CD

White i didn't want, but its growing on me........LOL. But seriously I love this thing