Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Express Van Leaf Spring Options

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by BKnaus, May 29, 2012.

1. BKnaus

BKnaus New Member

Hi everyone. I'm an R&D Engineer at Hellwig Products (http://www.hellwigproducts.com) and we're working on designing some overload springs for the Express vans. We have test fit them on both a 3500 and 1500 van and have those figured out, but we're having trouble getting our hands on a 2500 van. Maybe one of you guys can answer our question? The 3500 van's factory leaf pack has 5 leaves (4 and then 1 thicker overload) and the 1500 only had 3 leaves. From our research it seems that there are two styles of the 2500 van, a 8500 GVWR and a 7300 GVWR version. Does anyone have either of these vans who can either tell me how many leaves are in the rear leaf pack or, even better, could take pictures of their leaf pack and send that to me along with the year and weight rating of their truck? My email is bknaus@hellwigproducts.com. This would help a ton getting us closer to releasing this line and making sure we have all possibilities covered. Thanks in advance!

2. RallySTX

RallySTX Member 100 Posts

My 87 2500 is the light duty, heavy half ton, with the standard five bolt lug wheels. The REAL 2500 3/4 ton has 8 bolt full floating axles, and should therefore be more like the 1 ton van. If you like I will get pix of my older van for you soon.
    Brian L.

3. jray627

jray627 New Member

Still looking cause I just got an 08 2500 extended

4. maurice7677

maurice7677 New Member

I have a 2000 Express van. Let me know if you still need the pics.