1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extended cab side window options?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Curky, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Just wondering, I love my truck but I don’t like that the widows don’t open what so ever. Is there a window I could get that will open? Not roll down, I know that would be a ton of work but, just like a bottom pop open.
    I know I did not explain real well but I think you will understand.
  2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

oooOOooo the wt dont have no roll down back windows? Wow that would annoy me also, i have never heard of anything like what you are saying and it would for sure be alot of work haha, got that right.
  3. Curky

Yep it does but see I would only do a roll down if that was the only way but what I was thinking which would be fine to me, you know the old vans the side windows that have that black handle that pulls up and pushes out? The top of the window is connected but the bottom just pops out an inch or two. That is what I want
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

yours dosnt have like the older body styles do with the back part of the window that pops out with the little cam latch? weird.

as far as what you asking, you may be able to get the electric motors and such put in. i know the newer 07 + have electric rear windows in the extended cabs. how much itll cost, i have no idea.

Alex
  5. Curky

Nope and that is all I want. Just to pop out a little.
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't think it's really possible with our back windows I was just looking on my truck. On the old trucks the window is about even with the cab. The windows on our truck, since they roll down on other trims, are recessed into the door. But if you really don't want it to roll down you'll have to be creative? I personally love how my back windows roll down
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Have you talked to a glass company about a custom install? Get the hinges and then have them cut the glass and sheet metal where necessary.

Go look at some astro vans and see where you can adapt the hinges they use.
  8. tahoe9955

tahoe9955 New Member

Think I'm going to attempt this on a extended cab 98 1500 with 1994 ford explorer hardware
  9. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

My 97 GMC 1500 has the rear pushout windows....Thought all extended cabs of those years had them
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Must have been an option. Can you add pics [MENTION=63365]poncho62[/MENTION]