1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

External visor on a gmc k1500 stepside

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bmx4397b, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Bmx4397b

Bmx4397b New Member

Hey, do you guys think i should put a lighted external visor on my pickup, if you know any good websites ill Appericate it thanks, Bruce
  2. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

What year is your truck? I like the look of them on the older models.

Had one on my '89 S10 Jimmy
  3. Bmx4397b

Bmx4397b New Member

1986 and thanks for replying
  4. GMfanatic

GMfanatic New Member

I wound try lunddirect.com or ebay, it might be difficult finding one for a good price though. Because of the age of the vehicle there aren't many places on the internet that you have to choose from. If you need any parts for your truck you can contact me, I work at a chevy dealer and have access to parts 1985 and up. We have a website you can visit or you can pm me. Good luck finding your visor.
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

I would put one on a '86 for sure.
  6. Gryphon

Gryphon Member

I'd hit it. Had one on a 4Runner and loved it.

Lund makes some of the best. You can get them anywhere from local parts stores to stylintrucks.com, Summit, Jegs, 4wheelparts.com, etc.
  7. Josh

Josh New Member

personally i do not like the way they look. never been a fan though my local tillmans truck parts have tons of visors usually on sale. i personally prefer the stick on tint shades. work good without the goofy duck bill stickin out the front of the roof. ranks right up there with those big air wings people put on there 3500s. not a fan but its my honest opinion and opinion only man. try lund, ARS i think is the name. good luck finding one you like.
  8. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

Seems like a good way to reduce your mpg.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Lund no longer makes them A Co called CoreMT bought all of the molds.. http://coremt.com/About/ They also own Keystone restyling....the makers of the Goodhoods