Extra lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by sierra11, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was looking today for a place to add a set of lights but there isn't really any space that I can think of. What have ya'll done for this besides adding a light bar or anything like that? I look behind the grill but there isn't much room and the cross bars on the grill wouldn't let much light through. 132.jpg

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

something ive been looking at is a Carr light bar....

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A6150A0A0.aspx

enkei avalanche has one and likes it, and i talked to a guy today that has it on his jeep and he loves it. seems solidly built and its kinda stealth, not super noticeable.

Alex

3. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

We used to sell and install those at our shop and then we stopped. There is normally only one reason a shop stops selling an item...that's my input on those flimsy, worthless light bars lol.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd love to see a pic of those installed in the bumper slots...

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have school on thursday night. The guy that has them is not in my class this semester. But, I will see if I can find his truck on campus and take a few pics

7. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I like the first set you sent I'll check them out. There is a tiny slot they might fit in. I don't really care for that Carr light bar it looks weak

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I can say they are strong and mine has been backed into 2 times already...still gotta put the lights on..

DSCF9271.jpg DSCF9436.jpg DSCF9434.jpg

9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

SurrealOne and my self were having a similar conversation a short time ago. I would look into some LED style lights to fit in the openings above your license plate in those openings. I am trying to find some to fit in the same area of my truck. Oracle has a NNBS Sierra on their website that has some mounted in that spot.

10. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

It's not that they aren't strong. They definitely are not rigid. We got a lot of complaints about light movement going down the road.