Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extra lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by sierra11, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was looking today for a place to add a set of lights but there isn't really any space that I can think of. What have ya'll done for this besides adding a light bar or anything like that? I look behind the grill but there isn't much room and the cross bars on the grill wouldn't let much light through. 132.jpg
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

something ive been looking at is a Carr light bar....

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A6150A0A0.aspx

enkei avalanche has one and likes it, and i talked to a guy today that has it on his jeep and he loves it. seems solidly built and its kinda stealth, not super noticeable.

Alex
  3. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

We used to sell and install those at our shop and then we stopped. There is normally only one reason a shop stops selling an item...that's my input on those flimsy, worthless light bars lol.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd love to see a pic of those installed in the bumper slots...
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have school on thursday night. The guy that has them is not in my class this semester. But, I will see if I can find his truck on campus and take a few pics
  7. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I like the first set you sent I'll check them out. There is a tiny slot they might fit in. I don't really care for that Carr light bar it looks weak
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I can say they are strong and mine has been backed into 2 times already...still gotta put the lights on..

DSCF9271.jpg DSCF9436.jpg DSCF9434.jpg
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

SurrealOne and my self were having a similar conversation a short time ago. I would look into some LED style lights to fit in the openings above your license plate in those openings. I am trying to find some to fit in the same area of my truck. Oracle has a NNBS Sierra on their website that has some mounted in that spot.
  10. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

It's not that they aren't strong. They definitely are not rigid. We got a lot of complaints about light movement going down the road.