Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

extra outside lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jimbo3, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 Rockstar 100 Posts

does anyone have an 06 body style silverado with extra lights on the outside... I want to bring the appearance up at night by adding more lights, but i have no idea what lights to put on or where.

2. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

what do you mean? like street glow or auxiliary spot lights on a roll bar?

3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

youll probably have to buy a light bar or roll bars.ive been looking around for a lightbar myself

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Extra Lights??

Well I had a couple of extra lights on my last truck, and I thought it looked beautiful at night time. Check out these videos of my truck at night time, my favorite part of the truck is actually the back of the truck despite the rollbar and stuff. BTW this is an 05' Silverado, same as your 06' body style. Here's a quick mental list of the stuff that I had on there:

Matrix Projector headlights with halo's
    6 6" PIAA 520 series lights
    2 6" Pro Comp lights behind the front grille
    IPCW LED tail lights
    IPCW Mega third brake light
    Line of fire

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1DOrwaR2s"]YouTube - Silverado rear view[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wHwN2XzHA"]YouTube - 2005 Silverado with roll bar and brush guard[/ame]

5. Jimbo3

Nice videos and lights. I was thinking like maybe adding the yellow roof lights.. not so much the roll bar with lights, but maybe like an underglow, or lights on the bottom of the truck under the door, maybe adding lights under the mirrors how some trucks/suvs have. maybe some lef strips in the wheel wells with a switch to turn them on or off, just a unique look that few people have

6. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

i did see that stylin' trucks now has tub steps with built in red led's all along them. havent seen any out on the road yet. might be what your looking for?

7. Jimbo3

yea, something unique to make the truck stick out, and to also be like a one of a kind or something