1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

F Raptor Grille on Sierra 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Fonze, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeeey guys,:great:

01_ford_raptor.jpg

Is it possible to make a grille (or get one made) like the one above and have it say "Sierra" instead of "Ford"? If so, does anyone know where I can go to get one made or something?

I absolutely LOVE these grilles and I would do anything to have one! :happy:

Thanks peeps!
    The FonZ

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Anythings possible, the question is how much are you willing to pay for it.
    With the new lazor cutting and billet turning tools out today the only problem would be finding a shop willing to takle the job.
    If you can dream it, it can be made.

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Agree with Tim.

Somebody can probably do it. Problem is finding them and how much. Definately agree that it would be a good looking grill. Look for custom fabrication shops and bring up the idea. if they cant do it they may better know someone with the capabilities.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd own one of these, too, if made. Since it's not, I replaced the ugly plastic red/black GMC logo with a chromed metal one and it looks MUCH better.

I'm still working on how to get the horizontal OEM plastic bars out of there, as my billet grille is a bolt-over and I hate the look of the plastic bars behind it. I'll be removing the grille this weekend to consider fabrication options since I want to keep my logo (and that's what forces me to use a bolt-over grille).

Truck_Final_Front.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. Fonze

Fonze Member

Well, I'm hoping it won't be over at least $600. But, I know it'll be maybe about $1,000 or so :(. I already know a local shop that I believe can do it. They are very big and well known around here and they make some GORGIOUS cars. Thier Camaros are insane! :gasp:

I'm going to call them today to see if they'd quote me for it. I'll reply back with the news.

Yea man, that chrome emblem looks sweet! I replaced mines too but with all black and it looks meh. Lmao, I wish I would've went with a black with chrome trim or something because it just blends in and looks OK. I'll live with it for now. Lol

But yea, I'll reply back once I call.

Thanks for the replies guys!

6. SurrealOne

Maybe there's a discount if there's 2 of them (one for your 08 NNBS and one for my 04 NBS)? I'd likely order a black background and chrome lettering made to replace the ugly black oem bars (while maintaining the skeleton those bars) if the price were right. Throw it out there when you call?

7. Fonze

Fonze Member

Lol will do man. I'll reply back soon. I'm calling them in a sec.

After the call:

Well I called them and they do NOT make custome grilles :( :(.

I guess I need to look now. MAN, I was all excited too!! LOL

I'll update back if I find anyone that would do it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Do a search for "custom machining" or "machine work" something like that on google.
    I used to have a website of a company in Ca. that had software you could download and then it would help you design a part, it had 3 D capability and gave lots of tips on how to design your part, after you got your part designed you submitted it to the company and a rep would call you back and double check your figures then they would machine the part for you.
    I used them to make a set of Billet control links for my Rock Buggy and they were cheaper than anyone locally. The work was quality stuff and has held up to abuse for 7 years now.

9. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I was bored... is this what you're after?
    sierragrille.jpg

10. SurrealOne

Fonze likely is. I'd need it on 2004 (NBS) Sierra with black mesh background and chrome lettering. Also needs more horizontals, I think... but dang that looks good. :)