Fabtech 7' lift kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by redfish123, Nov 5, 2009.

1. redfish123

redfish123 New Member

:rofl::sign0144:First let me say hello to everyone. I joined to get some much needed advice on installing a Fabtech 7' suspension lift on my 01 2WD extended silverado. I am pretty handy with tools and have a fair knowledge about what needs to happen but I am thinking about installing the kit myself in my driveway. What do you guys think?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

Well I know I wouldn't do it by myself, but then again if something can go wrong it will go wrong at my house. We have a 4 post car lift at our house, and I still wouldn't try it even with that added luxury. If you don't have a lift I would say hell no, but then again a guy on this site just did a lift in his barn with no lift and he did alright with a helper. It depends on your skill level. :great:

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

4. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site...hope you got all the tools that you may need. Good luck. Take some pics of the work in progress and put them in an album..

5. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say you can do it, i would do it, but you just gotta have something that can lift the front 7 inches and gotta be able to tear apart quick and re assemble quick cuz its not as hard as 4wd but it will take a little work on the front how much you get that for anyways? i would do it in your garage if i was you but i would do it myself if i was in your position just in a garage cuz it mite take a bit unless your ready to work staight through it

6. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did my kit myself, in a tiny shop with just 20 ton floor jacks. I would say go for it if you are wanting to save money, it should be easier with yours as it's 2wd, and you don't have to line up the front differential, and drop it.

7. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

shouldnt be too hard just have to take off the lower control arms, install the bracket then bolt them back on then prob put the blocks in the back and a few other minor details, i would say go for it just make sure you get an alignment afterwards