1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fabtech or BDS?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 1Shot, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 1Shot

1Shot Member

OK... I am going to get a new truck in about 3-4 weeks a Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 LT,
    I want to have it lifted, I have two options in my area one shop in my town and one shop in a town about ten minutes from me.

I hear really good things about both guys and I don't know either myself. So my decision will have to be based on the lift itself. One guy carries and pushes Fabtech and the other carries and suggest BDS.

I am really a noob on understanding the difference, any thoughts on one being better than the other I think they are both right around the same price so why would I choose one over the other?

Thanks for your opinions
    Michael
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

From my knowledge, both Fabtech and BDS make quality lifts. A friend of mine has a BDS lift on his Excursion and he is very satisfied with it. Either way you can't go wrong.
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Both are excellent kits. BDS is a more well rounded kit for the price and will allow for a better ride and turning radias. BDS also has the absolute best warranty in the business. BDS will net a little closer to 7" of actual lift, where as the Fabtech kit will net closer to 8" of total lift.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Fabtech a good kit, but I think the BDS is better.
  5. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

From what I know both are great kits only have experience with the Fabtech that we installed on a friends truck the ride quality is awesome and was much better than my truck when I had Superlift kit installed on it.
  6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Like Blackout said, the warranty is a no questions asked and BDS is 100% made in the USA!
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The warranty with BDS is the best period. I believe Fabtech started out in the desert racing (score, Baja) so they make a high quality kit. As far as which shop to go with check out the work that they have done.
  8. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

From those two choices, BDS. the warranty cant be beat.
    i have a zone offroad lift on mine and its apparently made by BDS, everything in the kit is identical but zone charges hundreds less. 6.5 lift 1299$. I run it and love it, great handling and ride quality.
    good luck with you decision!
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As long as you are not going to want to go any higher later on, go with the BDS, thats what I have and love it; however, it only drops the diff around 4 inches which means your angles are about maxed. The Fabtech drops the diff a full 6 inches so if you wanted to a 2 inch spacer to get closer to 10 inches of lift (since Fabtech is already closer to 8 inches) you could. But as everyone has said, you cant beat the warranty. If you go BDS I recommend upgraded shocks and the full leaf pack option instead of the block and AAL. Let us know what you decide.
  10. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

x2 on what he said i went with the fabtech lift due to the full 6"drop plus i had a deal of a lift time i could not turn down through my buddys shop.