1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fabtech or cognito lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Burden33, May 4, 2010.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

so as the title says im looking in to a 6" fabtech lift or a 8" cognito lift im planning on running 35's with a 6" and if i get a 8" im getting 37 just wounderin what the pro and cons are for th elifts and will i have to re gear for them
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think the Fabtech is better quaility and you dont want to run any tire larger than a 35 on a 1/2 ton truck. The axles just dont like anything over 35" tall.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I forgot to ask on my last post, do you know what gears came with your truck?
  4. Burden33

im running 3.743 i forgot to put that in my post im kinda leanin more towards the fabtech
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

with 35's you will want 4.10's as a minimum. I chose 4.10s because I do 60 miles a day highway so it was for the economy side. If you will do more towing or want a little extra grunt the 4.56's are better. 4.10's are a little taller gear than the 3.73 and stock tires. I think the straight ratio conversion is about a 4.27.
  6. Burden33

i was thinkin and running 4.10 just for the fact ill be using my truck on vacation and i want to still be able to of road the onlything i ever have to haul with my truck is the side x side , sea doo and ski-doo so im not really haullin alot is there any type of ear i should be looking to buy