fabtech or cognito lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Burden33, May 4, 2010.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

so as the title says im looking in to a 6" fabtech lift or a 8" cognito lift im planning on running 35's with a 6" and if i get a 8" im getting 37 just wounderin what the pro and cons are for th elifts and will i have to re gear for them
  2. I think the Fabtech is better quaility and you dont want to run any tire larger than a 35 on a 1/2 ton truck. The axles just dont like anything over 35" tall.
  3. I forgot to ask on my last post, do you know what gears came with your truck?
  4. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im running 3.743 i forgot to put that in my post im kinda leanin more towards the fabtech
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

with 35's you will want 4.10's as a minimum. I chose 4.10s because I do 60 miles a day highway so it was for the economy side. If you will do more towing or want a little extra grunt the 4.56's are better. 4.10's are a little taller gear than the 3.73 and stock tires. I think the straight ratio conversion is about a 4.27.
  6. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

i was thinkin and running 4.10 just for the fact ill be using my truck on vacation and i want to still be able to of road the onlything i ever have to haul with my truck is the side x side , sea doo and ski-doo so im not really haullin alot is there any type of ear i should be looking to buy