Factory heated seats....

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by vncj96, Feb 8, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

are on the fritz sometimes they work sometimes they dont, I am assuming after 10 years its that the wires are getting worn within the seats, has anybody tackled these before??
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

No but is it the drivers or both? That could start you looking in the right direction at least.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

Its both of them, they work when they want, i am just wanting to know what i need to look for as they are both heated and full power so there is a ton of wires under there or if i actually need to pull the leather off to get to the heating elements to check them so if anyone has done this and could give me some tips that would be great
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

I would think the problem lies somewhere from power source to the buttons. If both seats are on the frits it might be up by the fuse or maybe a relay box. I don't see how both seats go out at the same time if the problem is at the heater elements them selves.
    I'm ust guesing here, I have never done this type of trouble shooting before. I hope it helps a bit.
  5. Silveradogearhead

Silveradogearhead New Member

i was reading on your heated seat issue my silverado has heated seats and i have delt with problems with them. When you turn them on do they get really really hot when they actually work?
  6. wigwag78

wigwag78 New Member

I would think it might be the relay or maybe they are both supplied by the same wire. Not entirely sure but it's worht a shot.
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Am without heated seats here as well - that leather gets and STAYS cold, doesn't it?? OOoooh buddy! I'll keep up with this thread as well.
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

Its within the seat last year the passenger went on the fritz and this winter the driver died and like i said they work spuratically but not together, so Zi can only assume that the constant up and down and in and out of the vehicle has wqorn some insulation on the wires and they are grouning out within the seat. I just dont know how to go about removing the upholstery, if its easy or a pain in the azz