Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Factory Nav compatability with XM

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cowboycaddy, May 14, 2008.

1. cowboycaddy

cowboycaddy New Member

So I installed the factory navigation into my 2008 silverado and everything plugged in and worked like a charm, except it didn't recognize that I have XM in my truck. I brought it into the dealer to have it Tech II'd and to have the options installed, but after 6 hours they informed me that the radio is not compatable with XM...

Does anybody know if this is infact true? That there are 07/08 dvd lux factory nav units out there that don't contain XM compatability?

2. cbottjer

cbottjer New Member

I believe this to be true. I have an 07 Sierra SLT package with the factory navigation system and XM was NOT an option because it's not compatible with the system so I would have to have XM installed with an external screen device. Very lame!!

3. moose7289

moose7289 New Member

i have an 07 ltz silverado and my nav and xm work