1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Factory Radio Swap : Tahoe to Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by a2cntryboy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. a2cntryboy

a2cntryboy New Member

:gasp:put a new aftermarket radio in my brothers 05 Tahoe and he gave me his factory radio now I have to find somebody to code it to my 07 Silverado the dealership want to charge $100.00 for a few minutes work hope my friend at Bolens Automotive can do it with his Tech II.:fighting0037::rofl:
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What type of deck got put into the 05 Tahoe?
  3. a2cntryboy

a2cntryboy New Member

The Pioneer Double DIN DVD and A/V Receiver, 1400 $300.00 from Wal-Mart he said it sounds great after I put the stereo and amp and sub in he took it to Best Buy and they hooked up his factory Bose speakers for only $23.00 and they told him that I did a pretty good job on the install.
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Is your brothers 2005 Tahoe stock radio that much better than your 2007 Silverado radio? Also is your 2007 an NBS or an NNBS Silverado?
  5. a2cntryboy

a2cntryboy New Member

My truck is bone stock no power anything base am/fm radio no cassette no cd his has both and it displays the song and artist I think I'll find out once I get it unlocked.