1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

factory radio with amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by eightbol21, Sep 29, 2010.

1. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

i have a 2009 silverado crew cab and was wondering if anybody knew of a kit to hook an amp up to the factory radio till i can afford to get the whole setup? i have 2 12" and an amp from a previous car and want the whole underseat box and everything but that is expensive so was just trying to use what i got till i can get more
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts

"The amp has speaker level inputs with signal sensing turn-on, so it will connect to your factory stereo by splicing into the factory speaker wiring. You just need a basic amplifier wiring kit for power, ground and fusing, plus some speaker wire. When you replace your factory stereo, you'd want to run a remote turn-on lead and RCA cables as well." Crutchfield
  3. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

thank you for the answer. i think im just going to wait till i get the money and do it right the first time. redoing stuff sucks