1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Factory Remote Start AP8

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by hammer76, Jan 2, 2014.

1. hammer76

hammer76 New Member

Any one know if or of a way to trip the factory remote start in a 09 gmc sierra with out spending $200 for 2 key fobs plus labor$$

My truck has the ap8 code and i have a key fob w/ remote start button programed to my truck and it will flash the parking lights when used but truck will not start... The computer needs to be tripped but gm wants me to buy a $200 key fob kit for two key fobs you can get for $15 each
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

AFAIK, you should only need a key fob, and then have it programmed to your truck (I programmed a spare for my truck in under 5 mins by following the steps in the owner's manual).

Perhaps the fob you are using is not compatitable with your truck.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you click on the Link Below, on the 2nd Page.....Reply #12, it will be able to answer your Questions, Regarding the Programming of the Factory Remote Start with having RPO Code AP8, the Factory Remote Starter Prep-Package.

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...-starter/page2?highlight=Factory Remote Start

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Good info Mike, and OP, read post #24, apparently there is a "Unlock Authorization Security Code, That's included In The Starter Kit.....that the Dealer needs when they call G.M.....". I did not know about this code.