1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Factory Remote Starter Option

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by RatRod, Nov 11, 2007.

1. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

Will it work on a 2008 Silverado without power door locks?
  2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I'm not sure if you have to get all of it together for 2008 or not. Anyone?
  3. 04SilveradoMykk

04SilveradoMykk Rockstar 100 Posts

I think it's only offered with trucks equiped to the gore with every bell & whistle. Including onstar. So if you want the remote start from GM your getting everything else too.

I have an aftermarket remote start on my 2004 Silverado, it's part of the aftermarket Viper alarm I installed. But I have a stripped down work truck model, no power windows or power door locks.
  4. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the factory remote start on my 08 and it doesnt have all the options its only a LT, but it does have the OnStar which sucks because they couldnt unlock my doors when I locked my keys in my truck.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Why couldn't they unlock your truck? Was it parked underground or something?
  6. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

No, it was parked at the gas station. I was confused myself.
  7. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

So no go on a remote?
  8. jowhite07

jowhite07 New Member

is it possible to upgrade an 08 silverado LT to have the remote start? if so what do I need to do?
  9. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

As far as I know, you can. My Clifford alarm kit came with the auto-start hardware inside the box, but I didn't have it installed because I was going to be charged for a $150 "GM Adapter" that was absolutely necessary for all trucks without power windows/locks/onstar already installed. So I said forget it, and just had the alarm installed.
  10. Dan77

Dan77 New Member

You have to have the remote option on the truck. Power door locks alone won't do it. Same with having on star. I found out the same way. You figure good ole gm puts in power door locks, what the big deal to give you remotes? :grrrrrr:

I guess for them it's a big deal. I'm pissed but I could live with it. Or without it in this case. :sarcastic: