1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Factory Service Manual?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SLCSubGuy, Feb 1, 2008.

1. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

I am on another car site that has the Factory Service Manual for the different years on the site. I was just wondering if you guys have anything like that here?

Another question too, my Suburban didn't come with a owners manual and I am wondering what the right way is to engage the 4x4. The service guys at the local dealer were less then friendly when I asked. I just don't want to kill anything, so any help or direction where to look would be cool. Oh and I did a search :happy:
  2. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

You can go to www.mygmlink.com and get the user manual online or I think you may be able to buy one from them.
  3. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

I went there, but they have to verify my Vin before they will let me do anything. Kind of dumb if you ask me, but I am going to try a work around later.
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What year? Lever or push button?
  5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

actually its not ...your vin is the way that the dealership keeps track of your maintenance to your truck . some of us who actually have warranties left on the truck whenever something gets done it gets posted on mygmlink ..also you get recalls from the site .
  6. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Its push button. Now that I am home I am going to try something else with the site to get the information.

Wow TahoeFever, a little touchy from what I see about the subject. All I was saying is its dumb that its been two days and I still can't access my vehicle information because a dealer won't verify they sold it. That is my point, sorry if I find it dumb that I have to wait.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  7. RVJ

RVJ Member

Call the number at GMLINK to speed them up a bit. I waited 2 weeks=nothing. Called and next day it was there.
  8. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Thanks for the insite. I will do that, I faxed the info last night and will check it before I call today.
  9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

Touchy ? nah it's all good :) I know the feeling it actually took them 2 months to update my record and thats after sending them an email ..saying whats the problem :)

P.s Hope no offense been done here :great:
  10. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Alright..it just seemed like I touched a soft spot, that or I was getting the noobie hazing. :) I am going to call today, I had to go out and take care of a few things on the Suburban. The only thing I can't seem to fix is the stupid door not locking/unlocking with the remote.

I do have a question, with the factory alarm, if I make another key without going to the dealer will it lock the truck down? It has the factory alarm.

Oh and even though you have a Tahoe, no harm no foul. :wink:
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008