Factory Service Manual?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SLCSubGuy, Feb 1, 2008.

1. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

I am on another car site that has the Factory Service Manual for the different years on the site. I was just wondering if you guys have anything like that here?

Another question too, my Suburban didn't come with a owners manual and I am wondering what the right way is to engage the 4x4. The service guys at the local dealer were less then friendly when I asked. I just don't want to kill anything, so any help or direction where to look would be cool. Oh and I did a search :happy:

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You can go to www.mygmlink.com and get the user manual online or I think you may be able to buy one from them.

3. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

I went there, but they have to verify my Vin before they will let me do anything. Kind of dumb if you ask me, but I am going to try a work around later.

4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What year? Lever or push button?

5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

actually its not ...your vin is the way that the dealership keeps track of your maintenance to your truck . some of us who actually have warranties left on the truck whenever something gets done it gets posted on mygmlink ..also you get recalls from the site .

6. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Its push button. Now that I am home I am going to try something else with the site to get the information.

Wow TahoeFever, a little touchy from what I see about the subject. All I was saying is its dumb that its been two days and I still can't access my vehicle information because a dealer won't verify they sold it. That is my point, sorry if I find it dumb that I have to wait.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  7. RVJ

RVJ Rockstar 100 Posts

Call the number at GMLINK to speed them up a bit. I waited 2 weeks=nothing. Called and next day it was there.

8. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Thanks for the insite. I will do that, I faxed the info last night and will check it before I call today.

9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Touchy ? nah it's all good :) I know the feeling it actually took them 2 months to update my record and thats after sending them an email ..saying whats the problem :)

P.s Hope no offense been done here :great:

10. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Alright..it just seemed like I touched a soft spot, that or I was getting the noobie hazing. :) I am going to call today, I had to go out and take care of a few things on the Suburban. The only thing I can't seem to fix is the stupid door not locking/unlocking with the remote.

I do have a question, with the factory alarm, if I make another key without going to the dealer will it lock the truck down? It has the factory alarm.

Oh and even though you have a Tahoe, no harm no foul. :wink:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008