Factory Tint Percentage?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by coldashell?, May 12, 2011.

1. coldashell?

coldashell? New Member

I am looking to tint the front two windows on my 96 Burb. Anyone have an idea of what the factory percentage is in the back?
    I don't mind the fronts being a little lighter but, definitely don't want it darker.

2. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

On the back I think it's close to 20% but that is an estimation. I couldn't really find any set number to tell. The front does have a bit on them too. I put 35% on mine (legal in La) and when I got it inspected they were at 27%...

Here's a pic of my 04, the front is 27% so I guess that would put the back around 20%?
    [​IMG]

I hope this helps you out.

3. coldashell?

coldashell? New Member

I couldn't find any set info either, but that does help. I like the way yours looks and was pretty much what I was thinking.
    Your wheels look really sweet too. Thanks for the help.

4. chevy11

chevy11 New Member

back is 20% front is 7%. make sure you take that in effect when you tint the front so you dont go too dark.

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

I actually read somewhere on here that the back is 18%.

As for the front it would be 93%. The higher the number the lighter the tint. Oh and thanks for the wheel compliment! I love the way they fit my truck.

Oh and Welcome to the club too!

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

2002 Silverado's have 20% tint on the rear 3 windows if you can compare. I got matching 20% on the front windows as well, It's illegal here to run any tint on the front two windows for officer safety, and i've never gotten in any trouble for having it on. *knock on wood*

7. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I brought mine in to get it matched and they told me the rears were 18's, so the front's are matched 18's as well, not too dark, but looks nice.