1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Faded Molding

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Alan Crosby, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Alan Crosby

Alan Crosby New Member

I'm not sure how well this picture shows this, but some of the door moldings have faded, while others have not. I've tried cleaners and waxing to restore the shine, but so far I've not had any success. Is there something different about the paint on the moldings compared to the rest of the vehicle, such as lack of clear coat?

Any suggestions?

DSC_3773.jpg
  2. dknoerzer

dknoerzer New Member

My 2007 suburban and my dad's 2007 sierra have the exact same thing. We both assumed previous owners were neglectful, but maybe it's a flaw from gm. I haven't tried shining it up yet, because I was considering just peeling it all off, but then just yesterday somebody parked way too close in a crappy minivan so I don't know... Let me know if you have any success.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Alan, a little hard to see the fading in the trim, I would check with Local Auto Body shop's, they would be able to express what the correct fix would be for that faded trim piece......also you could buy a New Color Matching Door trim piece, but you run the risk of it being off a shade or to with the rest of the trim and last you could remove all of the Door Trim??
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more information. They should be able to assist you and provide a diagnosis. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.