Failed emissions test

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bigdaddy77084, Mar 2, 2013.

1. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

These stupid Texas inspection!!!! Never failed before,but now it failed the Emissions test only on the high speed one. Any ideas? Will a basic tune up fix it? Has anyone tried the CRC 05063?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Put some Sea Foam in it and clean the MAF and see what happens..
  3. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

I used RXP. Drove it about 70 miles and they had a hard time getting it to pass.
  4. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

A 95 5.7 dont have a MAF. I will use the seafoam again,I think I will pull the EGR and clean it as well.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Yea I'd say a tune-up and some internal engine cleaning.
    Might try changing the oil if it's close to being due, I've had decent luck with that on a few of my resale cars/trucks.
  6. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

New EGR, bottle of seafoam, 15 gallons of Shell V power 93 octane and the old hoe passed. Not by a little it was like the day I got it.
  7. j cat

j cat Active Member

the egr spring I found on these type engines is good for 100,ooomiles then the spring gets weak and you get a little too much egr opening. then you will fail with too much co and hydrocarbon levels.
  8. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

Yep you could push it in easy with you finger. Plus it had a little spark knock to it. Not no more. Plus the wife put that walmart gas in it didnt help.
  9. j cat

j cat Active Member

low quality fuel will mess up and wear the injectors. then you can get a knock from excess carbon on the/in the combustion chamber . that would cause a emissions problem. mpg should improve with the injectors and egr operation now corrected.