1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fair Price? 2006 Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 03HeavyHalf, Jul 3, 2011.

1. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf New Member

So I'm looking at a diesel truck, im somewhat up in the air between a Cummins, and the DMax. I found a kind of gem the other day, 06 Crew Cab LT3 K2500HD Duramax/Allison. THis truck has everything all the way to the sunroof even. The price is $29,999. What do you guys think would be the best way to talk them down. Now, the tow/haul button doesnt work, thats common. The drivers seat has flaking in the leather. It has the keys turned up with 285 Cooper STs, pretty much new tires. No 5th wheel hitch, 73000 miles so im doubting it was beat very hard. MBRP exhaust, single, 5" tip, 4" pipe. It drove smooth, shifted down kind of firm but that could just be how diesels are. But the brake where really hard an kind of sluggish. Any insight is awesome and honesty is appreciated.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

$30k seems a little high for an 06 dmax IMO, but with the mods currently on the truck it may be a little tough to get the price down a considerable amount. Look for any dents/ scratches/ imperfections in the paint and try to exploit them to get the price down. The issue with the brakes could also be another opportunity to get the price down. Just as a side note, a 12v Cummins will last forever, now I know its not a good ol' Chevy but they make gobs of power without a whole lot of mods and you can find one on the cheap, just something to think about :money:
  3. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf New Member

Thanks for the insight. I share your opinion on the Cummins. They just sound amazing in addition to being amazing. Now i just have to find a Cummins in a Chevy in these parts.
  4. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Priced way too high IMO.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Too much for a '06. Its almost 6 years old.
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Agreed. I wouldn't ask anywhere near that for my truck with 20k on it...granted it's no dmax.