Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fair Price For An 88-91?, Lookin at my first pickup

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Julian@MotoCARR, May 9, 2011.

1. Julian@MotoCARR

Julian@MotoCARR New Member

I've always thought about getting a truck or small SUV, but recently have looked more at trucks. From what I have seen in the sub $1500 range, prices are pretty similar between truck/SUV, so figure why limit myself with the roof of an SUV. Truck would be nice incase my bike breaks down or something lol.

There are a few in my area that I have had my eye on. Only one is a 5.7 4x4 5 speed, the rest are 2wd v6 auto. All are reg cab in similar condition with rusted cab corners, 150-200k on the clock.

I ask because prices seem to be all over the place. Some want $500-$700, others look for $1500-$2000. No extras or aftermarket parts. Is $1000 high/low/just right for a late 80s early 90s pickup?
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

$1,000 seems a bit low to me, but I think it has a lot to do with the condition of the truck and if it has any mechanical issues or not. Parts for these trucks are a dime a dozen so if you have particularly rusted body panels or other broken/ damaged components it won't cost you too much to get them fixed.