Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

fair priced and good tuner

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by W1T3OUT918, Oct 23, 2012.

1. W1T3OUT918

W1T3OUT918 Member

was wondering what a gould tuner or chip may be worth.. a moderatley priced one would be nice and which one would be easier a chip or a tuner?

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hi W1T3OUT918,

If your truck is a 1999 or newer silverado/sierra then a tuner would be the simplest option. I went with the Intune from Diablo Sport. Give me a sec and I can grab a link to a review I did when I got mine.

If you are a diesel, then a combination of a chip, tuner and a few other things will be the best option.

Here is the link to the mini review I did on the Intune:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...oes-the-Diablo-Intune-look-like#axzz2A9EeLftm

The Intune is $399 and their higher end model the "Trinity" I believe is $599, it just has a bigger display and a few more functions built in.

3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

for your 2003, tuning is flash-based directly to the pcm... no "chips"... and any of the so-called "chips" you see advertised, stay away from, they're garbage and don't do anything...

the diablosport inTune flash programmer would work for your truck... the most end-user adjustability of any handheld flash programmer, better/more complete datalogging - supports more parameters than others, scan/clear trouble codes, PLUS you can get custom tuning done for it/your vehicle - which you can not with others - you are stuck with whatever tunes they give you...

I have the inTune's available - can purchase just the inTune itself ($390), or I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost ($485) so you'd save $$... here's info:

http://intune.diablewtune.com

any questions, please feel free to hit me up...

Thanks!
    -Lew