1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fairly new here. I have asked a question or two in the past

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Z06VERT, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Z06VERT

Z06VERT New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am retired and have a number of Chevy truck projects. Three are running, Three are not.
    I do all my own work, engine building, welding, body and paint. I'am retired, can't afford to pay anybody.
    My 71 C10 short fleetside is my daily work truck, My 67 C20 long is the work horse.
    I acquired a 72 short fleetside 4x4 that just needs paint and reassembled all the rust work had been done but thats next year.

I sold my C50 two ton that I turned into a pickup and currently working a 67 C50 to do the same thing but with different front and rear suspension.
    In the wings is a 68 short fleetside and a 67 step that the cab and frame is done and will become my daily some day.
    I have a 71 for parts. Also in the wings is a 72 Vega Wagon, I know it's not a truck but the engine came from a truck does that count?

If you live close to the Tampa area send me a pm and drop by.

If you know anyone who needs a red 84 stock hood in super shape its free to a good home.
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Dave, it's nice to have you aboard. Nice project there too................ :glasses:
  3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Aha yes! The Vega Kammback. Rare ride. I would love to see that! Back in the 80s, I saw a guy who had a cosworth vega (coupe) that was highly modded into an almost knight rider type of car. My favs are the older Vegas that looked like mini camaros.
  4. Z06VERT

Z06VERT New Member

Vega 012.jpg VEGA 013.jpg
    Here is the 72 Vega, 4.3 built with 350 flat top pistons 30 over, Pertronics dist, small roller cam and holley. T5 WC 5speed with S10 disk brake rear. Full autometer dash, Toyota MR2 electric PS pump and coil overs in front, exhaust and body work is next and I am slow.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What?! Not a 350?!

Awesome project though!
  6. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, enjoy the site
  7. Z06VERT

Z06VERT New Member

Thanks for the welcomes
    About the 4.3, I wanted a little less weight, easy air conditioning and it was well, available.
  8. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

From one retiree to another, welcome to the club. I love that C-50.
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  10. Z06VERT

Z06VERT New Member

Thanks guys, I just got a F350 dually disk brake rear for the C50 to replace the monster 2 speed rear. Now looking for ford 8>10 lug adapters to install super singles in the back. Thinking about making it 4 wheel drive.