GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Falken Hight Country A/T?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tpryor, May 15, 2012.

1. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

Hello, I have a 2006 Silverado single cab I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these tires? http://www.treadsource.com/images/P/FK_High_Country_AT-14.jpg. I like the way they look, and I just wonder how long I could expect them to last, how loud they will be, things like that. Also would I need to worry about 265/70/17 rubbing at all? I have 245/70/17 cooper discoverer h/t's on right now, but they just don't look mean enough for me. Thanks guys. This site is always so helpful.
  2. giorge

giorge New Member

You should get decent wear out of them, I am not that familiar with Falken. I had 265's on my 03 and didn't have any problems.
  3. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

Good to know about no rubbing. I didnt really figure there would be but better safe than sorry! I'd also be interested in other A/t's if anyone has any suggestions. I'm just trying to find some aggressive ones that won't break the bank or my Mpg's. I'm really enjoying my 20 avg. Lol
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

First are you driving a 2wd or 4x4, if 4x4 you can get 285s with no rubbing, I have dunlop maxx traction mud rovers and will never have another tire as long as they make these! They are awesome in snow and everything else, a little noisy on the road and are even a E load 10 ply rating and are not a harsh ride either. Right before I got these I had a set of BFG A/T KO and I hated them, I HATED them. So much that I kept them for 2 months and just sold them for what I could, considering what i paid for those turds these were a steal at 160 a tire.
  5. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

It's a 2wd sadly.. I would kill for a 4x4. Lol those dunlops look pretty mean. How many miles do you get out of them? I don't mind spending a bit more if a tire is gonna last me.
  6. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member