1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fan Speed Recall ~ GM Vehicles

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Beer Belly, May 24, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Rockstar

I was just wondering if you see a recall for those in the US market who are having issues with Fan speeds not operating as designed....it is my understanding that there is a recall for Canadian market, but none for the US Market considering the same problem.

2. I have 12 recalls for my trucks and it's just for the connector for the fan motor, it burns when the fan is left on at high speed.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into recall information for you. In order to do so, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Thank you in advance, adn I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

4. fstclyz

fstclyz New Member

You mind checking on mine. I have a louder fan sound behind the dash after I turn the motor off. It continues for awhile and dont think it's part of the HVAC.

3GTRKWE21AG118182

CD

5. GM Customer Service

CD,

I am not showing any open recalls at this time for vehicle VIN # 3GTRKWE21AG118182. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Thank you,

6. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Rockstar

I already had my local dealer run the VIN....no recall. My question was why is there a recall for the Canadian Market (from what I've heard), but not for US Market on the exact same issue....especially when you consider connectors are melting....doesn't this pose a hazard ???.....why should one market have it covered, but not the other ???....this is obviously a manufacturer defect.....It's bad enough that I've had to pay to repair for poor manufacturing and design in the past, but now this idea of covering only one market ???...gimme a break. I've had to pay to replace an EVAP Solenoid that was obviously placed in a bad area....don't say it was due to overfilling, my truck never goes above 3/4 of a tank (can't afford a fillup), or driving on dirt roads...nothing but pavement around here.....who has ever had a Torsion Bar Mount get torn out on a truck that is basically a daily driver, and not some off road hot rod....maybe my 3200# Pop Up is too much for the suspension ???.....I love truck, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of paying for stuff that makes me say "WTF !!!"

7. GM Customer Service

I would be happy to look into this for you. Are you currently experiencing this concern? Did you bring it to the attention of your local dealer? Did you ever contact GM Customer Assistance? Thank you in advance.

8. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Tricia would you mind checking mine aswell...Thanks 1gcec19v56z208574

9. GM Customer Service

I am not showing any open recalls at this time for vehicle VIN # 1GCEC19V56Z208574. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

10. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Rockstar

I brought it to my dealers attention, and all they told me is that it is not involved in any recall, and I should bring it in.....I did not bring truck in for this specific problem, they'll probably turn on the fan speed switch and charge my $50 to say "you're right, doesn't work on all speeds"....then hand me an estimate for a few hundred dollars already knowing what the problem is.....hell, they charged my Wife $29 just to reconnect a washer hose that mysteriously fell off the washer nozzle after they performed a scheduled service....they at one time wanted to charge me $100 to pull a code....autozone did it for free