Fan switch problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bluewater, Feb 8, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Bluewater

Bluewater New Member

The heater/ac fan switch on my 03 Sierra seems to bad or is it the blower motor? It seems to only work on high speed setting #5. Any info or help please. Thanks, Tom
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Blower motor resistor needs replacing.
  4. Bluewater

Bluewater New Member

blower

Thanks for the help fellow Washington resident. I'm from Spokane and appreciate the help if I can find where it goes. The dealer should know with a pic when I get the parts. Thanks !! Tom
  5. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member 100 Posts

You talking about the thing on the dash to change temp and fan speed?
  6. Bluewater

Bluewater New Member

switch

Yes, it appears to be in the swich knob on the dash but have been told the blower just needs the resitor replaced. I'll get one today and try that. Sound correct as I only get high speed #5 out of the fan so it does work just not on the lower speeds. Thanks for the help all.
  7. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member 100 Posts

idk if you already got the switch, but they do go on ebay around 100 bucks, maybe cheaper. i just remember the other day i saw one buy it now for 85. dont know what the dealer charges...but post how much it set you back after you get it.
  8. downeygirl

downeygirl New Member

Hi, I am new to this so I'm not really sure what I'm doing...
    We have replaced the fan speed switch twice, the first time we replaced it; the switch was melted, we put another switch in last year and the switch worked, but the other day the heater stopped working agian, so we took out the switch agian, this time not only is the switch melted but the pigtail that's connected to the wires is melted too?? The fuse is fine, but now I don't know what to do?? Can someone please help me!?