1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fast blinking turn signal?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by janikphoto, May 23, 2012.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I haven't even begun to check it out, except for glancing at a reflection of my left turn signals as I'm driving. It appears that the front is working and the back is not. It blinks normal speed on the right side, but twice as fast on the left. Is this because the rear light appears to be out, or is it a bad relay? I'll probably just buy a new bulb and figure it out for myself before y'all get a chance to answer, but I figured the thread might help someone else, the next time their turn signals/blinkers start acting up.
  2. NagRuTan

NagRuTan Rockstar

Greets,

prob just a bad bulb. had the same prob on my yukon and it was a burnt out light in the back signal.

Nag.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on the bulb. Just replace it and you should be fine if not, I did have a similar issue with my 02 silverado. I traced it down to the connector for the rear wiring harness. It is located on the frame crossmember above the spare tire. It was corroded and the clip was weak. I cleaned it up, put some electronics grease on it and put it back together. Then I used zip ties to hold the connector together. I never had an issue after that.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

x3 on the bulb.
  5. chandlerbingfl

chandlerbingfl New Member

I too have the same problem w/ the fast blinking turn signal but mine is on the right side rear. First thing I did was replace the bulb which did not fix the problem. Turning on the headlights and the rear lights (brake, running lights) work perfectly so I am at a loss....

Any other ideas?
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would check the connector for the rear light harness.
  7. chandlerbingfl

chandlerbingfl New Member

Fixed my RR blinker not working! All I did was clean out the connecter where the bulb slides in and viola! working blinker and brake light! Maybe this fix will resolve the OP issue...

Thanks to all!
    chandlerbingfl
  8. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Nope, mine was a dead bulb. It is fixed now!
  9. texas

texas New Member

I'm still having this problem

You said you cleaned out the bulb socket -- but you also said your lights worked perfectly before. I'm confused!

I count 3 bulbs -- all 3 of them are good bulbs. However, when I turn on the right turn signal, the rear turn signal light doesn't flash, and in the vehicle meanwhile the turn signal flashes/clicks very fast.

I tried braking, using the headlights, etc. and all the bulbs seem to work on their own. It's just the turn signal that's messed up.
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Check the connector as mentioned... it that's not it most likely a bad ground.