Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

faulty rear drivers side release latch

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Bilzner, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Bilzner

Bilzner New Member

Hi, my 95 yukon's driver side rear seat release latch is not working. I pull the canvas strap and nothing happens. Anyone else have that problem? My sisters 96 yukon has the same problem. Does anyone know how we could fix this ourselves? The passenger rear seat latch works fine but I can't seem to figure out the drivers side. Any information would be humbly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know this was from a while ago, just wondering if it was ever fixed?

3. jimmyjnr

jimmyjnr New Member

I have the same problem, unlike the passenger side, the drivers side rear seat has a cable that runs from the fabric loop to the latch mechanism located about 12" further into the center, after a couple of hours with bent hands and every tool i own i managed to release the latch. I then pulled out the remaining cable but was unable to figure out how to detach it from the latch , will call the dealer tomorrow for advice .not sure if the cable can be had separate or if its a full latch deal ?????