1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fav buttons on the XM quit telling station names

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sfarris, May 19, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. sfarris

sfarris New Member

Listmates,

My XM used to list the name of the XM radio station(lithium, spa, etc) on the fav buttons. I disconnected the radio, and since it has been reconnected, it only lists the station number- XM20, etc.

I had XM resend the radio signal, but no dice. Any thoughts?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It may need the station data push. I know with my aftermarket sirius radio it'll occasionally pop up some message stating that it's getting new data from the sats, and it's usually when they change station names around. Though, if the radio didn't have the names cached, it should have "requested" them from the sattelite.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mine always lists the station name and if your recieving signal, then it seems like it should still work. Got me stumped as well.
    [​IMG]
  4. sfarris

sfarris New Member

I get the station names on the channel I am on

5. GKohler79

GKohler79 New Member

My FAV's have never said the station name, only X140, etc. I didn't know it was even possible...
  6. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My radio is also on hair nation, LOL.

My presets only use the station # no name,, XM41
  7. sfarris

sfarris New Member

I knew I didn't imagine it!

So yesterday, I added a new fav, and the name was on the button. I re added all the old ones, and low and behold, there were the names! I guess when I unplugged the radio I lost the names, but they were redone once I reset them!

Attached Files: