1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favorite Tool

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Big_Mike, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member 100 Posts

Out of curiosity.... What is your favorite tool? This tool can be anything used for working on a car, around the house, or on the job.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My favorite tool is my Ryobi Autoshift power drill. It automatically shifts from speed to high torque when it feels it is needed making securing any fastener easy and fast. Its almost as powerful as a impact driver just with out the impacting part. Its also part of the Ryobi 18V ONE+ system of tools that can use any of three batteries (classic ni-cad, compact lithium, or high-capacity lithium) and works with over 50+ tools so you never need to buy another battery because they all are compatible.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

@Coach24 is a tool. He might even be a fav... :rofl:
  4. xsparky

xsparky New Member

My Leatherman multi tool.
  5. rageybug

rageybug New Member

I always grab a long handled hammer before I start working on my trucks. It seems like every repair requires a good whack or two from a hammer!
  6. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My BFH! Second place is a tie between the cordless Dremel tool and the 600 Foot Pound impact wrench! MORE POWER!
  7. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 New Member

My favorite tool would have to be my Milwaulkee Sawzall.....I may not use it as much as others but when I do need it, it gets the job done!!!
  8. Big_Mike

I hear ya man. I saw an article comparing a Leatherman multi tool to a Swiss Army Knife in an old issue of Popular Mechanics (if I am not mistaken). Looks like a very dependable tool, hence why you listed it in this discussion.
  9. Big_Mike

I can almost imagine you laughing like a mad scientist LOL. Power! More POWER!! WOOHAAAHA! Hammers do come in handy. My favorite tool is my probably right foot cause it takes the function of a "hammer" when I "nail" down on the throttle!! Ha. Plus I use to make nice music with my engine. There's something almost majestic and soothing about a V-8 approaching its redline.
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

All time favorite is the sledge hammer, or as we like to call it the fine tuner. I also love my Stihl chainsaw, rips through trees and very dependable.