Favorite Tool

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Big_Mike, Aug 28, 2012.

1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have many tools that i don't think I could live without but I think my favorite would have to be my air compressor. :glasses:

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

1"inch Cp air gun. It gets the job done when I need a little extra twist

3. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Have to say my Leatherman Charge Ti with extra bit kit is my go-to tool of choice. Small enough to take with me anywhere (never leave home without it), and durable enough for pretty much any job I need it for. Had mine for about 7 year now (originally bought while in the Navy stationed in Japan), and have never looked back! The added bit kit is like a toolbox on my belt! Top all of that with the 25 year warranty (used it once when the hinge was getting loose, was sent back to me like new!) and you'll be hard pressed to find a better device for everyday use!

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

10mm sized socket because that's the one that fits a majority of the bolts on my Chevy.

5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Seeing as how I really only use one tool now-a days, it would be my work cell phone. It's just a Motorola Barrage, but I do everything I have to do for work from it.

Second would be my Kobalt socket set, but that's technically more than one tool.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

the only correct answer to this question is a slip joint pliers, maybe a vice grip...

Alex

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No, I'm pretty sure duct tape is the correct answer here. :happy:

For me, my Rigid cordless drill would by my fav. Although it came in a set that included a circular saw and a saws-all so the whole trio might be my fav. All three are quite powerful for being cordless.

8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

3/8 drive ratchet

9. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Had a late uncle that was a WWII fighter plane crew chief and later a farm equipment service rep. He told me once that the handiest things in my tool box would be an assortment of pry/alignment bars. He was right, I have accumulated lots of them, from 10 in. long to 5 ft. long. some "store" bought, some homemade. Also like the BFH answer - Had an old truck mechanic tell me "never force anything, get a big enough hammer in the first place". Ken

10. Lerch98

Lerch98 New Member

oxy-actelyne torch.

Don't get mad, just cut that ####### ###### off.

and
    Milwaukee Sawzall (for workin' on the house)