Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Feedback and Ideas - Make the site better!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's get some feedback. We want to make the site better.

- What works good?
    - What needs improvement?
    - What types of features should we add?
    - What types of features should we take away?
    - Other general comments? How can we make this the best GM site around?

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well it allready is!!!! (duh)

I think that we could possibly have a "GMTC for dummies" on how to do certain things on the site, that maybe a newbie cant figure out. :neutral:

Anyone else????

3. Gryphin

Gryphin New Member

newbie like you?! :) hmmmm

i think some of the forums sections could be renamed or merged together...

4. 04sierracrewcab

Like which ones???

5. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

I think people who ask for advice should post updates on what finally solved their problems. Then everyone would know what works for that problem. If there were enough problem solving answers that work there could be a thread set up with the original question and the answer that solved the problem. This would likely save members from asking the same question over and over. Especially if there was a search in the thread for the problem questions asked. Mabey too hard to set up but just a taught. Seems a lot of the same answered questions are being asked by new members.

6. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Newbies (up to three posts) have a good starting point. Every window that comes up has information and links to all the newbie information links/forums, but I agree that something like a FAQ/Rules should be more prominently displayed if that's possible.

7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've never agree more with any other post on here so far!

It's not too difficult at all - all that needs to be done is have the original subject edited to say that the thread contains a solved issue. If you do a search for "solved" and make it for 'in titles only' you'll see a few of them pop up where that's been done already, either by the user or by a moderator.

The step that might be a little work, and this is strictly for ease of finding solved issues, is have a forum that only contained solved issues. Threads in other forums can be duplicated and the duplicate (or forwards) can then be pointed to the individual threads. But that's just fluff... don't even need that.

Thanks for the input!

8. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Good idea, but you also have to get the person who started the thread and had people post to it and then get the resolution, repost with the resolution, which sometimes isn't always the case. This would be a excellent Thread/Topic/Subject and a whole seperate section from everything else.

Jeff

9. 04sierracrewcab

x2!

Very good idea!!