1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Feedback from subwoofer

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Kickerking817, Oct 27, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

I have 3 12inch kicker L5's with a 1200.1 Kicker amp in a 2004 Tahoe. I am getting alot of feedback it almost sounds like the exhaust coming through the subs while sitting at a stop, but as soon as I take off it goes away. I thought it was the ground at first but I cut a small piece of carpet up and sanded down to bare metal and grounded there. Any suggestions?
  2. SB09

SB09 New Member

Upgrade your RCA cable!
  3. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

I have tried that once before but did not make it ANY better at all
  4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member 100 Posts

make sure your ground from amp to frame is less then one foot. Any longer you will have issues with grounding. If the humming goes away with acceleration, it is more then likely engine noise. You have interference somewhere. Double check all your connections. Any bare wires running next to power leads should be shielded.
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am new to sound systems but one thing I read many times was not to run your power cable next to the RCA cables. I did mine on opposite sides and it sounds great. Don't know if that's your problem but it could. Hope this helps!
  6. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member 100 Posts

Yes, running the RCA cables next to the power or remote wire will possibly cause feedback. You also may want to run more than one ground wire. I haven't been in a situation where I needed to do that personally but I have read threads where guys have had to do that.
  7. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 New Member

Agreed with the above... I use to do custom installs professionally. One of the first things that was taught to me was run power alone on one side of vehicle and the rca on the other side. Remote power would not cause road noise if that were ran with the rca's... I am willing to bet that those rca's are near some high voltage