1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Feels like a warped rotor, but . . .

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ryed, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ryed

ryed New Member

So my 2006 Suburban has what feels like a warped rotor. However, it is intermittent. It happens very frequently, but not every time I brake. Sometimes it happens on flat terrain, other times when decending a hill. And sometimes it doesn't happen at all, smooth as glass.

If it were a warped rotor, wouldn't it happen everytime I brake?

What else could it be? My Suburban is full-time AWD, so could it be something in the drivetrain?

I've done several searches, but have not found anything. Anybody have an idea as to what this could be?
  2. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

warped rotors tend to be at their worst after heating them up....see if you notice it when it is hot or cold or both. You can try and go at a slow speed, like 10 to 15 mph and lightly hold the brake, not enough to stop, but just enough to see if you feel a slow pulsation.

Other than a rotor, maybe a wheel bearing, but usually they make a really noticable noise.