1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

fel-pro transmission pan gasket or factory

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dsfloyd, May 1, 2012.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

So I know that fel-pro is a well known name in gaskets. The typical cheap rubber gaskets you get with transmission filters are garbage, so my question is this.

Has anyone used the fel-pro trans pan gaskets with their fel-coprene? Or should I spend the extra and get the dealer oem rubber coated metal pan gasket.

felpro gasket. as always there is marketing spin with this but does anyone have experience with it.
    http://www.federalmogul.com/en/Afte...s/Fel-ProDrivetrain/AutomaticTransmissionPan/

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Fel-pro is good stuff. No reason not to use it!

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

thanks. thats what I figured but wanted to check as I dont feel like dropping the pan for leaking any more than I have to. especially since my drain plug wont come out:no:

4. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I used Fel Pro on every tranny I did when I worked at my last shop. I never had a problem with it. Just make sure it is correct, and install it properly and it should work great.