1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fender Adjustment

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Trex, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Trex

Trex New Member

Can anyone tell me if front fender adjustment is a simple or fairly involved?I'm not real happy with gaps on the passenger side.
  2. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Are you talking about the gap in relation to the hood? Or back fender?
  3. Trex

Trex New Member

I am talking about the gap at the door to front fender
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Loosen up all the bolts under the hood and the one or two you can see with the door open then close the door and run a strip of masking tape on the forward edge of the door as well as the fender (to prevent paint chipping) then insert something in the gap and gently pry the fender forward to increase the gap then re-tighten bolts. I have used an autobody spoon (resembles a cooking spatula) many times for this. This also works to make the door and fender flush if the edge of the fender is sunk in slightly.
  5. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Good info, man!!! Thanks.
  6. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Did that work?
  7. Trex

Trex New Member

yes it worked

Thanks to dwill3015, yes it worked. My comp was down for a while and I lost this site.