Fender Flares - Black or Factory Color

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JohnRoss1986, Feb 12, 2013.

1. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

I'm having a hard time deciding on black fender flares or factory color. Obviously getting them matched will cost a couple hundred dollars more. Anyone got pictures of a truck that is the same color as mine with black flares?

Thanks!
    JT

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I prefer color matched. I have a set of EGR flairs that I won on the site last spring. I have not put them on because I am waiting to get the money together to get them sprayed. Most places near my home want around $350 to color match them.

3. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

Thanks man. That's the problem I have. Paying $400 for them and then paying someone to paint them.

4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I guess it all depends on your color. I have factory black on a white truck. the black is durable not paint. if you paint then they will get beat up. with black this is not an issue especially with rock salt/sand blasting the wheel well areas.

if your in FLA I would paint to match no issues with road crap.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They'd look fine black. However, if you choose to leave them back I strongly recommend clear-coating them in order to keep them from fading (getting that white/grey look that faded black plastics get).