1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fender Flares - Black or Factory Color

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JohnRoss1986, Feb 12, 2013.

1. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

I'm having a hard time deciding on black fender flares or factory color. Obviously getting them matched will cost a couple hundred dollars more. Anyone got pictures of a truck that is the same color as mine with black flares?

Thanks!
    JT

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I prefer color matched. I have a set of EGR flairs that I won on the site last spring. I have not put them on because I am waiting to get the money together to get them sprayed. Most places near my home want around $350 to color match them.
  3. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

Thanks man. That's the problem I have. Paying $400 for them and then paying someone to paint them.
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I guess it all depends on your color. I have factory black on a white truck. the black is durable not paint. if you paint then they will get beat up. with black this is not an issue especially with rock salt/sand blasting the wheel well areas.

if your in FLA I would paint to match no issues with road crap.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They'd look fine black. However, if you choose to leave them back I strongly recommend clear-coating them in order to keep them from fading (getting that white/grey look that faded black plastics get).