Fender Flares on Silverado - Factory Option?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SPARKY777, Dec 17, 2010.

1. SPARKY777

SPARKY777 New Member

Hey guys, I've seen quite a few Silverado's like mine that have fender flares. Was this a separate option or did it come with a certain package? Thought it just came on Z71's but my buddies truck is a Z71 and it doesn't have them?

2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Not sure if chevy has put flares on the NBS trucks.Most of the flares i have seen out there on the new trucks are aftermarket ones.Bushwacker pocket style flares are the flares i've seen the most on the NBS Chevy trucks.

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Some did get them from at least the dealer, as I also know people who would never put something like that on their trucks with them on there. It makes them look tough, though. Thinking of getting some for mine.

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You used to have plastic fender flares on the older Z71s but you don't get any sort of extended fender flares on the NBS (07-11) trucks... Z71 or not. Like BigBomber mentioend, they're a great aftermarket add-on and I know several people who have had it done. Most people have them color matched so they add a more aggressive look but still look almost stock. In my opinion, they're a must if you're going to go with a wider tire. Otherwise you look like a lowrider out of the early 90's with wheels that extend 4 inches out of your wheel wells. But that's just my opinion. Either way, they add a nice look with all of those bolt inlets. As Jimmeh said, some dealers MAY install them pre-sale but I'm pretty sure that GM doesn't install them factory. I personally have never seen a NBS truck at the dealership (that wasn't used) that had fender flares.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The O.P.'s signature says he has an '04, so I'm guessing he's not asking about NNBS trucks. Fender flares were a factory option on the NBS trucks, '99-'07 Classic, my '05 had them on originally but I took them off.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

My dealer has put bushwackers along with the lift kits and aftermarket rims on their new trucks and has sold quite a few by doing this.I love driving by there as they always have a new one that they have done up.

7. SPARKY777

SPARKY777 New Member

Sorry i didn't mention it guys, I was refering to the pre-NBS trucks.

8. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the flare were a factory option, textured black form 99-05 and paint to match or textured black for the 05-07 classic, weve replaced a lot of them at work, it just a few x-mas tree clips in the wheel opening and 2 sided tape around the edge