1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fender Flares with stock sized tires?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jper, May 4, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Jper

Jper New Member

Anyone have any suggestions for bolt on looking fender flares for 1500 gmc trucks running stock sized 31" tires ? All of the manufacturers show modified trucks with bigger wheel and tire combo's and I just don't want to make my truck look dinky but it needs something to set it off. Anyone running stock sized tires with flares and have some advice?
  2. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

IMO i think it looks silly not matter big or tall if the tires are under the flares. If you put them on and got the tires out past the flares i think it would look great .Like my truck look at the sig pic
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I can't stand tires hanging outside the wheel wells, even with flares. For starters the tires sling mud, rocks, and water all over the side of the truck when tires are hanging out like that -- so it's not terribly practical. Next, I dunno, it just looks ghetto to me ... like when people do it to pintos or 1960's land yachts.

It takes all kinds. Some like wheels in and being practical ... some don't. There's no right or wrong answer.
  4. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

No sir there isn't it's all in opinion. I will agree on the mud thing (which i don't mid), the rock chips do suck but that's why I'm rhino lining my rockers.
    But yes it's all opinion some like 22's some like 15's some like lifted some liked slammed. It's all personal preference, mine is wide stance makes a truck look mean and aggressive.
  5. carmantx

carmantx New Member

I can't show you pictures, because I haven't decided yet myself. On my K2500, I think I have decided not to do the "cut out" flares because my stock type tires would not look good with big flares. So I am considering the pocket flares for it from Bushwacker.

Now on my 89 Blazer, I just got the cut out flares. But i am running 12.5 x 35's on it. I think the flare might cover the tire, which is the look I am wanting. I don't like 4" of flare out past the edge of tire.
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just my opinion, but if you get fender flares you need to have a lift and big tires. There are many other things you could do to jazz up your ride. Like tali lights or a billet grill something. I just don't think fender flares are the way to go.
  7. Jper

Jper New Member

Carmantx, I agree and was thinking the same thing, the cut outs are way too extreme. I am waiting for new RBP wheels to arrive and got a set of Geolandar's so the wheels and tires will be beefier, but still stock'ish in size. I hate that massive gap look too.