Fender Flares Yay? or Nay?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by EGRUSA, May 22, 2012.

1. EGRUSA

EGRUSA Member 100 Posts

Thanks for all the input.
    Like I said he plans on lifting his truck 6" and getting a set of All Terrains to compliment. The consensus here was with the Bolt On Flares.

carmantx,

Sorry about not having bolt on's for the early GM trucks. Ive asked this too and our sales team is researching the possibility of introducing this style for the older trucks.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I really think the flare style will depend on the tire and wheel package he's gonna use.
    If he goes for a wheel incorporating bolt heads in the pattern and rugged side lugged tires then the bolted will fit in.
    If he uses wheels that are smooth and modular and tires that are more of a road styled tread then the non-bolted flares.

3. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I think the 1st pic are the flares you should go with. They dont really look color matched in the pic....but color match the flares and remove the chrome trim down the side and IMO it would look really good

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I second that ^

5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the smoothe all the way.

6. RallySTX

RallySTX Member 100 Posts

Going out on a limb here, more flare equals more wind resistance. That said, I didn't find either pic very inspiring. They just made it look like a wannabe flareside. Real fender flares stick out a couple inches, and shouldn't take up the whole fender in the process. Guess I'm just used to trucks with flares you could set your coffee cup on, cars too, as far as that goes. Wanna snaz up your rig, and make it better, add a set of nerf step bars.
    Brian L.

7. Swatchvy

Swatchvy Rockstar

I bought a set of egr flares a few years ago and did not care for the quality, I had to force the flares to fit the truck and almost half of the fasteners broke during the install and when I asked about replacements, was ignored. I would get them elsewhere if it was for my truck.

8. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

^^^ Only way to go!

9. EGRUSA

EGRUSA Member 100 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Please email me at bena@egrusa.com so we could discuss this further.

10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

6 in lift and 35s, bolt on definitely. Keeping as-is with Oem rims/tires, no flare.