fender flares

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jiujitsu, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jiujitsu

jiujitsu Rockstar

how much of a pain is it to take them stock fender flares off and would there be any paint issues as far as sratches or wear?..i know there might possibly have the "bra type " mark in the paint but would that be it?

thx

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've not messed with fender flares at all but while you wait for someone to offer any information have a look at this thread that just went by recently.

3. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Its easy to remove them. Really depends on the color of the truck - fading and paint wear around the flares vs the virgin paint under them...

4. bbk28

bbk28 New Member

their easy to take off but the paint thing might be an problem. like mine, i have fenders but the paint somewhat rubbed off so i left the fenders on instead

5. dgafguy619

dgafguy619 New Member

shoe polish

take a socket wrench to em'
    depending on what color your truck is (black or red) you can be ghetto and buy shoe polish and buff it on where your paint is messed up. My old dakota had ridiculous running boards that ate the clear coat off, the shoe polish made it look like new and it never washed off

ha tell me what you think