1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fender Flares

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by A1CMason, Apr 22, 2009.

1. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

I've been thinking about getting OEM type fender flares for my 2005 Silverado.. I need help deciding on getting them or not..
    [​IMG]
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would definately put some fender flares on your truck, it changes the whole look of the truck. Bushwacker makes some very good looking fender flares, and they come in various styles and prices. They have cut-out flares, pocket flares with the stainless bolt heads for appearance and they all come in matte finish or you can paint them to match. They are expensive though, they go from $250-$499 per set of two. Hope this helps out a little,..............AMY
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Get the factory ones in black, i would just pull them from a junked truck, buying new is a little pricey IMO
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have factory black texture flairs on my 05 Z-71. I plan on changing to buchwhacker with smooth painted finish so I dont have to worry about wax on the texture flairs.
  5. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

When you going to change those out? I mite be intereseted in purchaseing the old ones from you..?
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

here is a pic of my 03 with factory flares, i like the look of flares i would go with OEM from a junk truck
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  7. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

Yeah...i like the look as well, ive been looking for a junk truck, bt havn troubles finding one...
  8. wl_walker

wl_walker Rockstar

Has anyone put flares on a 2WD? How would that look? I have thought about putting them on my 1988 Silverado 2500 after I lift it 2 inches in the front to level it out...
  9. goodie

goodie Rockstar

definatly go for the fender flares